Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cross Stitching Again

It has been a while since I've done much cross stitching. The last projects I worked on were left to me by a friend, and I really wanted to finish them for sentimental reasons, but sometimes it just is the wrong thing to pick up where someone else left off. Between those projects, where the "this spot shouldn't be filled yet... what thread IS that?" and getting used to progressive lenses, the experience was rather frustrating, and - of course - I put them down.

This summer, with traveling and all, I thought I should look through my stash of kits, and find something that looked easy and pretty and try once more, starting fresh. So I did. Last week, I finished it. Very pleased with myself.

Happiness... a fitting title
I knew there were several kits in the set, so this evening, I looked through them, and this is what I found.
Beauty, finished by Lou
My friend had finished one, and it looks fabulous, even if it does need a little ironing/stretching.

Lou started Prosperity, and I will finish it!
I love the border on this and I am looking forward to stitching it!

The rest of the set.
Aren't they fabulous? Won't they be a great grouping somewhere? Isn't it nice to rekindle an old love?

1 comment:

  1. Cross stitching was one of my first artsy endeavors-- I started when I was 7 or 8. Still brings back good memories and I just unearthed my floss for the hand stitching I have recently picked up :) Yours are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete