A couple of years ago, I found a cool book of crocheted birds that I made and made and made. They were cute! They were quick! And they were very easy to give away (so I did!) But a few weeks ago, I was browsing through Amazon, and found another pattern book (OK, actually 4, but this is the one I'm making from right now) by the same author. I was so excited, that I ordered three of them. Don't worry, at some point I will go back for any others they have created...
Here it is, and yes, I've been working through it.
![]() |
| Another fun book of amigurumi!!! |
Aren't these fish and other creatures adorable? Oh my, this is fun! I dug into my tub of cotton thread again, and found my plastic bag of tiny safety eyes to use like I had for the birds, and got started! The first creature turned out to be the lobster.
![]() |
| Tiny, adorable red Lobstah! |
He went pretty quickly, like most of the birds did, even though those claws gave me a little pause. They went together pretty well, though. Next I had to make a jellyfish. I had some cute variegated yarn that I though would be awesome. It was, and the jellyfish turned out really cute. It was fun to figure out what yarns to hang below it.
![]() |
| Jellyfish 2 |
This is not the first jellyfish I made, but it got claimed before I even got to take a photo of it. So, I grabbed that same yarn and made a second one. I also found an orangey variegated in my stash that I thought would be fun, too so I made one from that, too. I worked so fast that I forgot to add the eyes before I closed it up, so I made eyes from tiny buttons, and I thought they worked well (but I didn't get a picture of them yet).
![]() |
| Jelly number 3 |
Raine saw the patterns, and was ready for a narwhal, so that was next on my agenda. Details like that horn can be problematic when you are working small, but it wasn't too bad. Since doing the gnomes, I have been using a needle to attach parts together, instead of just the crochet hook and it does help more than I though it would, especially when working with - and through - stuffing.
![]() |
| Narwhal goes swimmy, swimmy |
The sea turtles came next. The first one was the green one (and yes I forgot to put the eyes in, but used beads for the eyes later) I had another variegated that I wanted to use for the turtle shell, but then the tan looked better with it than the green. That yarn actually has some green in it, but none of it showed up on the shell. Sigh. It would be fine for a land turtle, I think, but I'm not sure whether you would find a sea turtle like it.
![]() |
| Some sea turtles |
Of course I had to make the seahorse that is peeking out from under the turtles. It's probably the most complex of the creatures so far, but again, this author does some good pattern writing, and it went well.
![]() |
| Hello seahorse! |
Next up is the stingray, which isn't really complex, but for some reason, doesn't read really stingray for me. I'm going to have to give it another try, and see how it goes.
![]() |
| I would like more ray shape |
This one and the starfish are made similarly, making a top piece and a bottom piece and then crocheting around the outside. I think that is where I went wrong on this stingray... But the starfish looks super cute. He looks like he needs a smile, doesn't he...
![]() |
| Pink starfish |
So many more to make!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment